Located in Kern County, at the southern end of the San Joaquin Valley, Bakersfield is situated roughly in the middle between Fresno and Los Angles. It is considered to be the 11th fastest growing city in California, according to the official travel website of the city.
Bakersfield was ranked the 11th largest city in California as well as the 58th largest city in the United States in 2010, with a population estimated to be around 338,952. After Fresno and Sacramento, Bakersfield is California’s third largest inland municipality. With a population of 800,458, the Bakersfield Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) is the 63rd largest urban area in the country. Manufacturing, agriculture, and petroleum extracting and refining make up the economy in this area.
The southern tip of the Sierra Nevada is located just to the east of Bakersfield. The city limits end at the Sequoia National Forest, which is situated at foot of the Greenhorn Mountain Range and the entrance to the Kern Canyon. Tejon Ranch, which is located in the Tehachapi Mountains, can be found to the south, and to the west is the Temblor Range. The San Andreas Fault and the Carrizo Plain National Monument are located just behind the Temblor Range, approximately 35 miles (56 km) from Bakersfield.
Bakersfield is a large city, with a total area of 114.4 square miles (296 km2). A very small amount of it is water (A mere 1.14%, which equals about to about 1.3 square miles or 3.4 km2) while the other 98.86% (About 113.1 square miles, or 293 km2) is land. It lies about an hour and a half drive away north of Los Angeles (approximately 100 miles or 160 km) and around four and a half hours southeast of Sacramento (about 300 miles or 480 km)
Rated fifth among the nation’s top medium sized cities for business by a recent Inc. Magazine, Bakersfield is a corporate hotspot, offering one of the most reasonably priced and desirable locations on the West Coast. It is advantageously located at the southern end of California’s Great Central Valley, where it is considered part of the world’s fifth largest economy. The large labour pool as well as available office space make it an ideal place for companies to situate themselves.
Many well known companies have made Bakersfield their home, including State Farm Insurance (which employs 1,500 people at its regional bank office), Pleasant Holidays and ACS Inc. call centers, ProSoft Technology, DIVR, Inc., and Lortz Manufacturing, which is a technology-based company that creates tiny, precise components that are crucial for aerospace and space age industries.
Forklift Parts by Brand
Click to Download the pdf